Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Last night Keith and I spent a wonderful evening with our friends Mary and Adam in L.A. They have a fabulous place and two adorable dogs which of course made Keith and I miss our two dogs - Apple and Martini. Thank you Mary and Adam for everything! Today was all about seeing the highlights of L.A. We took a drive down Sunset Boulevard through West Hollywood, Beverly Hills and Bel Air - though we did make a detour to see Rodeo Drive (at my request of course). We then picked up the Pacific Coast Highway and drove up to Venture and the Channel Islands. Afterward, we walked the beaches of Malibu hoping to catch a glimpse of some movie stars, but no luck there. We had a yummy lunch at a place called Dukes which overlooked one of beaches in Malibu. From there we checked out the Santa Monica pier and then Venice Beach (which contained the largest gathering of freaks that Keith or I had ever seen (and I'd thought I'd seen it all in NYC)). Now we're just killing time before hoping on a plane to Melbourne. I'll try to post some pictures soon!

KB2

No comments:

Post a Comment